• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear dif upgrade w/abs?

99xjache

NAXJA Member #1289
I have been reading alot about regearing and lockers. One thing I havent really read about yet is this.
I have a 99 with ABS. I would like to upgrade to D44 with locker. I have been haveing trouble locating one with ABS. How do I make a D44 work with my setup?
Should I eliminate the ABS system or can I modify things to keep it working?

Please help. Any advice?

i just found out yesterday,i'm gonna have this same problem. i have a 2001.
i hope somebody has some answers. maybe go with that "super 35" setup,
but i'd rather go with a swap... 44 or 8.8 GOOD LUCK!!

NORM

Thanks guys, I have done some more searching and found the answers I was looking for.

Go to bone yard, get non-ABS lines, replace abs controller and lines(only need to do the front), Bleed system.
Remove fuse, sensors and relay,
Pull cluster, remove idiot light.
All done.

99xjache

If you don't care about having ABS then just build the 44 and put it in. then disable the system. don't know what lines you would need to change. can't think of any and I have done a few.
you could also have the D44 shafts machined for the ABS tone rings, then modify the backing plates to hold the sensors. shouldnt be to hard to do. then you just gear it and add lockers.

I have same problem...so is it not hard to do

search for this thread:
"D44 Swap disable ABS....Tried searching"
there are other similar threads at the bottom of this one

Back