• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeep shutting off

hulk

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys please help me solve a problem, that even the stealership couldnt solve. check it out; i have a 95 xj ho,5.5 lift & lockers. heres my problem, sometimes when i hit a bump just right, my jeep will just shut off.so i pull over out of the way. it will happen on freeways, and when im wheeling.here is the kicker, it will crank, but not start. but when i disconnect&reconnect the CPS it fires right up no problems. i have already replaced the computer, the cps 5 times, the distributor,coil and all relays.plus the alternator. i have 271,000 miles on her. is my XJ just wore out, or do i have some sort of bad juju. may i please recieve some holy jeep advice. thanks guys.

I wish I could help you. I had the same problem, and it ended up being a short in the o2 sensor which was blowing the "12" fuse in the fuse box. Small and green, not hard to spot. I have no idea if that's the same problem you have, but after fixing that, I had to change out my computer, which you already did. Good luck

well here is my idea, but just an idea
i work at one of these sealership places, and i asked a few really smart guys around the shop and most sugested a cam sensor
hopefully it may help???
just a shot

Back