• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I Need Help!!!!!

Nik

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 88 xj with 8 inch coils and 1.75 inch spacers in the front. We set a 44 to exact dimensions and brackets as the stock 30 had. We modified the 44 as we went and are completely done until it came to the trac bar. The trac bar originally bolted into the bracket on the axle that is below te steering stabilizer bracket. The trac bar is a rubicon adjustable and the damn thing wont reach the original upper mount on the frame. Do I need to make a new upper drop bracket for the trac bar. I figured i would have to do that anyway, but what about the lower bracket? The trac bar just seems way to short. I saw John's jeep from bigoffroad.com and got his pics. It looks as if he has the trac bar mounted to where the steering stabilizer use to be. Any help would be appreciated. I dont care about the steering stabilizer bracket since we switched the steering to rusty's conversion w/4" drop pitman arm. If you have any pictures on how to do a front trac bar setup w 10 inchs plus please post them. I kinda got to see it to understand it.

Nik

OK....whenb you set up the 44, did you use high steer arms and flat top knuckles? This will dictate the position of the track bar bracket.

The RE bar is very easy to lengthen or shorten, as it's inside diameter is exactly 1". You can shorten it or lengthen it by sleeving it over a piece of 1" stock.

Here's a couple of pics of mine:
New%20Steering%20(front)

New%20Steering%20(side)

CRASH

Hmmmm.......I may be out of bandwidth on those, pull the URL into your browser for better results.

CRASH

Also, if you are running stock steering and stock location for the axle end tracbar mount, you really should rotate the frame mount for the tracbar to horizontal instead of vertical. The original mount with the RE heim will bind at 8" lift with relatively little passenger side droop.
mattk

Back