• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

question on xj schocks.....yj/tj?zj?

oopswithanxj

NAXJA Forum User
is it true if i have an xj with 3" of lift i can use stock tj and yj schocks?
i have a 2000 xj. Would anything work. I dont wanna spend a crap load of money at th moment i have a lot of other stuff going on. by the end of the summer ill have a whole new lift so they have to work on sand dunes and the street. thats about it.

I didnt want to make a new post so I'll throw It in hear, my buddy has (4) 6" SkyJacker shocks that are brand new for a YJ, will they work on my XJ with 6-8" Lift?

He 2 are eye to eye and 2 are eye to stud

You can buy $27 Monroe shocks for the rear, I used them. I'm not at home, and I don't remember the part number anyway, but I bought them at Checker. Try looking up the Monroe application chart with compressed and extended lengths.

that means I can use the fronts I guess? Their brand new never used, he wants 50 for all 4 should I take um anyway?

will a tom woods driveshaft work? He dont know lengths he said he Just called Tom and said send me a DS for a 6-8" lift

XJ99 said:
that means I can use the fronts I guess? Their brand new never used, he wants 50 for all 4 should I take um anyway?

will a tom woods driveshaft work? He dont know lengths he said he Just called Tom and said send me a DS for a 6-8" lift
If the driveshaft is also from a YJ,then no it will be way to short.

Monroe and Rancho say to use stock length shocks for up to 3" of lift. Only beyond that do they get into longer shocks.

If you decide that you MUST have longer shocks, remember to expend your bump stops. Otherwise the shocks will reach the end of their compression travel (bottom out) before the suspension has reached its limit. Most shocks are not designed to act as bump stops and they won't last long if you use them that way.

Back