• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Not all 16.5" tires can be beadlocked?

Beezil

Member #Nay
NAXJA Member
quote from champion wheel website:

All 16.5's can not be Beadlocked because the tire bead has a 15 degree bead seat angle. The bead will not have enough contact on the rings to control tire movement successfully. The 16.5 tire is a high load, high pressure designed tire and the 15 degree angle bead seat is used as a taper to match the rim to relieve the stress put on the outer rim lip of these types of tires. The 16.5, 19.5, 22.5 and 24.5 are light truck to heavy tractor (diesel truck) tires with loads up to 6,000 lbs each. None of these sizes can be Beadlocked successfully.

the 16.5" tire seems to be a tough one to find beadlocks for..........

it'll be even harder if the above is occasionally or mostly true.....

opinions anyone?

Looks like you're gonna have to go steelies. I know I've seen alloy 16.5 locks though, hmmmmm.

Sean

This is what i herad too. 16" and 16.5" are nearly impossible to be beadlocked. 17" is the next possible rim height after 15"

Yes, but with the cheaply available Hummer conversion rims available, why would anyone bother converting a 16.5" rim? The Hummer rims lock both beads, as a bonus.

I think about a dozen people on POR are now making centers for these rims in any bolt pattern you could ever want.....

CRASH

Daniels products lock both sides down. The inner piece has the 15* edge machined into it. To bad he doesn't make alloy junk huh.

Sean

yeah, I really wanna run aluminum.....

flowers, find me a tire worth a shit thats biger than 37", and doesn't cost as much as a 40" mtr.....

"gonna beadlock yer lip"

Go up to that gas station you were tellin' me about and put in a request for the H2 rims. 17" and double locked, bet them boyz would get 'em to ya for a decent price :D Then you could buy your gay ass 40" MTR's and be money ahead for when the real tires come out in that size.

Sean

The one you wanted me to take the trans am too, ya ninny. You need to stop drinkin' with the employees before work Skippy.

One thing Hummer rims ARE NOT is light weight.

Then again, why do you need light weight when all you do is polish the paint on that rig, anyway?

CRASH

Beezil, according to Interco's site, they have a 15/39.5x17 TSL "coming soon". How big of a tire do you want? My 37" Krawlers are quite a bit taller than my 16/38.5x15 TSL's.
Nate

sewerboss????

Mr. nate!

I didn't pick up on the screenname until now! Good to hear you are still laying pipe, and getting paid for it.....

so, you have the crawlers eh??? one nub is trying to talk me into going that way......

Yep, still laying pipe on a day to day basis! Truthfully, I wouldn't have even considered the Krawlers, but I bought a set used for pretty damn cheap. I guess you don't want the steelies because of the wieght? Roscoe is running 42's on 15" alloy rims, and they don't do too bad.

Back