• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vibration After Lift

COASTSIDER said:
I JUST HAD A RUBICON EXPRESS 3.5" LIFT DONE WITH 30-9.50-15 ALL TERRAINS,FROM 15mph TO ABOUT 40mph THERE IS A VIBRATION,
Search the mod tech forum as this has been discussed many times before:
vibes can be caused by bad drivelines angles, binding yoke, ujoints going bad and more.

Btw, CAPS BUG

sounds like you need to check the pinion angle. If that is good you might need to get a slip yoke or change the shaft some how. I got the vibes the same way when I put in the 4.5 in lift. I took the old shaft out and replaced it with the shaft out of a newer Xj, which is a little longer than mine. My tcase has the shaft fixed into it, so the yoke on the shaft slips onto the shaft. With the longer shaft and yoke and the right shim the prob was eliminated. Hope this helps JOE>

Did you have an alignment done? The more details you give, the better the help will be - what year XJ?

Do a search. Driveline vibration after a lift is VERY common. You'll find hundreds upon hundreds of articles and discussions out there about this and what you can do to fix it.

Thanks For The Replies
It Is A 2001 , Xj,4.0-i6, Auto,new Tires & Wheels,front Align'd..since The First Post I Called Rubicon-ex And Was Told That There May Be A Settling In Period

Back