• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moroso conversion is done!!!

bradlyw

NAXJA Forum User
well i finally got the moroso coolant bottle conversion done. the thing looks stock sitting in there and it runs like a champ. i might be able to get some pictures up later.

the only proplems i ran in to were find all the pipe fittings i needed to make the bottle work. but i'm glad its done and no more stupid plastic tank.

Brad

P.S. now if i can only get that 96 booster swap done..grr

Glad you got it done. Mine has been in for almost 4 years now and I'm very happy I did it. I had the same problem you had on fittings. Home Depot was useless, but I found exactly what I wanted in a 10 minute stop at a REAL plumbing supply house.

Bradlyw, can you please pst the part # for that. I have been looking at doing that and cant seem to find the part #. Thanks Jason

xjhox:
i just got mine from summit online www.summitracing.com. just search under "moroso expansion". i got the 1.5 quart.

Weasel:
nope they are aluminum tanks, not clear. the way i check my level is to pull the radiator cap, just like u would on a regular radiator. quite simple.

If you do the Moroso conversion properly, you'll add an overflow/recovery bottle. That's semi-clear and that's where you check the level and add coolant for minor top-offs. The cap stays on the Moroso tank just like it stays on the radiator of the new style.

i totally agree eagle. i'm putting my overflow bottle on tomorrow. where would u suggest to mount it? i'm having problems finding enough space.

Brad

I mounted mine on the inside of the driver's side fender, between the airbox and the inner fender. It took me three tries to find an aff-the-shelf bottle that would fit. The one I finally found is the smaller of the two that Advance Auto sells. Long after I did mine someone else told me they found one out of a wrecked Honda Civic that fit there very neatly, but I never followed up to confirm it.

Back