• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cv shaft help

cherowagon

NAXJA Forum User
i called RE a couple different times to see if i got the same answer, which i did. they told me for the lift i am running and based on my stock ds length, i need a cv shaft of 33.5". i was trying to calculate it out today using some basic geometry, but i could not come up with that number. i know the best way to do it is install and measure...but that does not work hence the daily driver. any ideas? i am running 3.5" RE full leaf packs with rocky road 1.5" shackles. so like a total of around 5.5"-6" lift i think cause the leafs give you more than 3.5". my stock ds length is 29 1/8" center u-joint to center of u-joint. and my SYE shortens her up 5"-6"

and is that measurement based on the ds being in the middle of the slip joint, or maxed out, or fully compressed or what?

cherowagon said:
i called RE a couple different times to see if i got the same answer, which i did. they told me for the lift i am running and based on my stock ds length, i need a cv shaft of 33.5". i was trying to calculate it out today using some basic geometry, but i could not come up with that number. i know the best way to do it is install and measure...but that does not work hence the daily driver. any ideas? i am running 3.5" RE full leaf packs with rocky road 1.5" shackles. so like a total of around 5.5"-6" lift i think cause the leafs give you more than 3.5". my stock ds length is 29 1/8" center u-joint to center of u-joint. and my SYE shortens her up 5"-6"

and is that measurement based on the ds being in the middle of the slip joint, or maxed out, or fully compressed or what?

Which sye do you have

I'm running about 6" of lift with a RE H/t & DS. DS lenght is 33". This is with the 8.25 rear. HTH. JIM.

my rear DS with the AA SYE and D35 at ~6" lift was 35"...

Back