• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Great Wheeling FUN @ Red/Coyote Lake

ChuckD

NAXJA Forum User
JT and I from NAXJA. Couple of other friends and one with a Scout. We all had an AWSOME time on the trail today! No major carnage. The Scout's clutch linkage broke, but fixed so he could get his rig home, thanks to Rob. I lost an oil cap, and had a wierd overheating issue. JT made out better on this trip than at Swamp Lk., he actually trimmed his fenders. :lol:

I have to report the MTR's are awsome, thanks goes out to all for there recommendations!

Here's some pic's!

http://home.attbi.com/~cdutke/

Lookin' good guys!
How do the Red/Coyote trails compare to Swamp Route? Those are a couple of trails I've been wanting to check out.
Chuck, you should trim your front fenders even with the bottom of the light bezels, I'll bet those tires rub there. And who told you MT/Rs are good tires? :wink:
James, have you had your Jeep's alignment done since you lifted it? It looks like your front tires are wearing funny.

Jes

More trimming required, oh yea

Swamp Lake was still tougher, but I'm comparing it to when I just had 31's and a meager 3" lift. I had a lot less banging going on. Nobody needed the strap and JT has open diffs. I have to admit Rob his co-pilot was a very good spotter. The trail was a lot of fun, can be done in one day along as you get to the trail head by 9am. I had a lot of fun, heck it's only about an hour from me. By the pictures: a number of tight passes, big boulders. Tons of places to camp. They even have toilets open pit of course at Red Lake. It might be a fun alterative to camping at Dinkey next year.

Minimum for Red Lake:
Stock XJ, armorred up, SB Disconnects, 235 or 30" tires, tow points

Minimum for Coyote:
3" lift, 31" tires, rear TAD, Armor, tow points

The Scout could of made it further, but since the clutch was MM together, it would be bettter for him to ride with me. He also learned a lot (I didn't know I knew anything), at first he would hammer it at every obstacle. On the way out, he drove out nice and slow, like crawling.

JT pointed out my fenders about half way down the trail! Since I gave him a ton before we even started.

Coyote Lake

Had a great time wheelin. There seems to be many trails up that way for camping and wheeling.We even got snow fluries up there Sat. It was pretty cold.

Yes my wheels are wearing bad and i will be going to an alignment shop this week.(Money Money Money) and never enough of it.Looking forward to the next trip and seeing somemore people.

Back