• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 ?'s fenders/slip yoke.

Grifter144

NAXJA Forum User
i think this should be here but if not please move it.

1. I removed my factory fender flares today(in anticipation of cutting some metal, later). was wondering for those of you that have done this, did you leave in that black rubber wheel well filler thingy that is supposed to block debris from getting all over the place?

asked the following in a earlier thread and got a vague answer.
2. I have a lifted 2WD (see sig for specs)that i am converting to 4wd this weekend(hopefully) as soon as my 4wd DS gets here. with my lift i am expecting to have some vibes. yet on the college budget i am short on money so an sye is sorta out of the question. so can somebody explain this yj slip yoke conversion. about what it costs, i understand i can get it from napa, what parts am i looking for, or am i just asking the local shop for a yj slip yoke. will this work with my 4wd ds or do i need to pick something else up...parts included etc.

any info would be appreciatted.

RLTW,
Maier

a YJ slip yoke will not help at all with vibes. it is a small amount longer, about 1/4" which will slightly help it from pulling the slipyoke out of the t-case. The bigger feature is a more "open" yoke that allows higher angles on the driveshaft before binding, but binding and vibrating are very different. probably the cheapest way to get one is find someone with a YJ that installed a SYE and has it lying around.

i cut the snot out of my fenders. i pulled the plastic fender liners out of there. they dont look like they do much. the engine bay isnt exposed without them. they cover the door jamb area thuogh. some people stuff a pool noodle in there to keep mud and other crap from gettin in there.

Yj yoke on left, XJ/MJ on right. Marginally longer, but notice the difference in the yoke ears like Brett describes.

yjvsmj.jpg

Back