• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake Question.

xjrrrdx

NAXJA Forum User
Well I have the front disc, rear drum as the majority on the board have. I have an issue with my brakes only when its cold. When its cold out my brakes seem to really grab even with the slightest pressure on the pedal. Its almost like they have to warm up in order to brake smoothly. Secondly, and again ONLY when its cold, and ONLY from the drums when I go from park to any gear I get this loud awful whine, it doesnt do it when I apply brake only from a dead stop until like 5mph. Also when I let off the gas I dont feel a jerk or a rapid decrease in speed, just a gradual coast. I never really gave it thought, but now I see people actually looking at my jeep when it whines so I guess its really loud. Could this be the E-Brake not fully disengaged? I never use the E-Brake so its always down. Also I feel no resistance at any time just the loud whine.

[EDIT]: I doubt it makes a difference, but I have 96XJ 3"Rustys (4-4.5" real height) and NO extended brake lines.

Back