• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

27 Tooth Speedo gear

GudaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ive got a 98 cherokee 4.0 and I just changed my tires to 32". Looking at a gear chart i found somewhere it says i need 27 tooth speedometer gears with a 3.07 rear end. So i went to the jeep dealership and they said they couldnt find a 27 tooth gear. I was wondering if that chart was wrong and if not where can i find a 27 tooth gear? I dont have the cash to re-gear for a while. Oh and how does 32"s go with a 3.07 end...prolly sucks.. oh well.. Thanks for the help

Ahh i didnt wanna hear "re gear" anyone else have any experience with 32"s and 3.07 and where did you guys find your speedo gear?

Trust me, 3.55s and an auto with 32s sucked; expect similar suckage out of 3.07s and a manual.

Got my speedo gears at the dealer; go to that link and look at the part numbers for the short gears; they are all the same except for the last two digits. Those last two digits define the tooth count, so try ordering a 52067627 and see if there is such a beast.

There's a multi-page thread floating around out there with all the 32" gearing info you don't want to hear :laugh3:

i believe you man i just wanted someone to comfort me and share the suckyness. I guess i'll be looking at re-gearing. How much does it usually run to get all the parts and have it done. I have no rear end experience.

GudaXJ said:
i believe you man i just wanted someone to comfort me and share the suckyness. I guess i'll be looking at re-gearing. How much does it usually run to get all the parts and have it done. I have no rear end experience.

gears - probably 400 for both ends with master install kits
labor - a huge chunk o cash...

and all the "while im in here" ideas like lockers and upgraded shafts come into play...

Back