• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How snorkels are manufactured.

Gojeep

NAXJA Forum User
I had taken some shots of how they make a moulded snorkel and thought you guys might to see how it is done. I love seeing how things are made myself ;)
Just go to my site and the write up link is right in the last index section under Odd and Sods.

http://go.jeep-xj.info

Snorkel 007.jpg

Snorkel 011.jpg

I'm the same way Marcus. I love to see how things are made. That's the reason I used to watch Mr. Rogers Neighborhood. They'd take tours of factories and show how things were made. Pretty interesting.
Thanks for posting that up, that's pretty cool.
Timbo

Went to your web site. Great pics of your Aussie adventures! This is what off roading is all about. Good on ya mate!!!!!!!!!

Jeff 98XJ WI said:
How do they figure out how to rotate the mold over the flames? Seems like that would be a very tricky thing to figure. Jeff
There is a lot of trail and error I can tell you. I know when they got that machine only a few months before I took the shots and it took nearly all that time to get it just right in the set! At least while doing the trails they can just re-granulate the rejects and try again!

Back