• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Front Brakes

All,

We have a 95 XJ 4x2 (I know, why) that has issues with the front brakes. Both the front and rears are well within spec, and the front rotors are about a year old (thanks China!). With fresh brakes it drives fine, but after time the brakes start to shatter a little in the front (not out of round, but like metal to metal). I pull the calipers & they are fresh, no metal (their bonded anyway), and the rotors are not discolored. I repacked the front bearings not too long ago because I feared that the heat up front might cook the grease off (and they were making a wierd noise).

Anyway, I have a new master cylinder that I'll be swapping out, just to make certain that there are no new problems with this car. Are there any known issues, TSB's or do any of you have similar experience(s) with the front brakes seeming to wear faster or heating up inexplicitly?
It's a non-ABS Jeep.

Thanks!

M Randolph

Back