• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Problems after BDS lift

canadianwheeler

NAXJA Forum User
I had a 3 inch block on the rear of my xj . YA i know bad idea. I had to many problems with it so i took out the 3 inch block and added a BDS add a leaf with a one inch block. The funny thing is after the lift my jeep seems to be level. But i only have a 2 inch spacer up front? How much lift should i get out of a add a leaf and 1 inch block?

canadianwheeler said:
I had a 3 inch block on the rear of my xj . YA i know bad idea. I had to many problems with it so i took out the 3 inch block and added a BDS add a leaf with a one inch block. The funny thing is after the lift my jeep seems to be level. But i only have a 2 inch spacer up front? How much lift should i get out of a add a leaf and 1 inch block?

How big is the AAL? The front may be equal due to spring sag in the back.

I have a BDS 2.5" AAL and a 5/8" block on my rig and a set of 3" BDS coils on the front sits about an 1" higher in the rear. How many miles are on the springs if they were saggy before the AAL may not get as much didnt say how long you ran the blocks but they are hard on the springs.

Did you install the AAL in the correct order in the pack? If you just slapped it onto the bottom of the pack it won't give you even close to the full amount of lift. I've seen it done, so just a thought...

jeepguy97 said:
How big is the AAL? The front may be equal due to spring sag in the back.

The add a leafs are the same ones that come with a 3 inch kit (full length). So iam assuming they should be around 3 inches.

nhrocker said:
Did you install the AAL in the correct order in the pack? If you just slapped it onto the bottom of the pack it won't give you even close to the full amount of lift. I've seen it done, so just a thought...

Ya i did it right. Third leaf down. Biggest to smallest.

bowhunter said:
I have a BDS 2.5" AAL and a 5/8" block on my rig and a set of 3" BDS coils on the front sits about an 1" higher in the rear. How many miles are on the springs if they were saggy before the AAL may not get as much didnt say how long you ran the blocks but they are hard on the springs.

I ran the blocks for about 2 months. Not much driving at all but i did notice the springs going flat and even arching the wrong way a little. They were the stock springs on my 92 XJ.

Sounds like the leafs are weak either from age or the blocks im going to order a shackle for mine and remover the block.

Back