• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

strange tire wear??

Im about to buy new tires and before i do that i need to take care of whatever is causing my passenger side front tire to wear. I have about 10k since getting it aligned, and i think this was happening before getting the car aligned and still is.
Its not exactly wearing the outer edge, but more like the outer half of the tire, and only the right front. Also its not wearing all that fast, but there is quite a noticeable difference now that these tires are approaching the wear bars.

is it possible this could be due to ball joints, or i figure a bent axle housing could cause soemthing like this, but the jeep has led a fairly easy life as far as i know, so i hope that isnt the case??

adam

My pro comp mud tires have done the exact same thing. I posted a thread a couple of days ago to get some help; then went out and realigned the wheels. I hope this has solved the problem,but i will keep an eye on your post for other ideas.

Back