• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What bushing to use for LCA's

Big Bear

NAXJA Forum User
I am building new LCA's for my XJ . I would like to use a rubber or mabey even a poly joint on the frame end and need some opinions on what would work best. They will be replacing my 1" Skycracker hiems. I already have johnny joints for the bottom end.

Big Bear said:
I am building new LCA's for my XJ . I would like to use a rubber or mabey even a poly joint on the frame end and need some opinions on what would work best. They will be replacing my 1" Skycracker hiems. I already have johnny joints for the bottom end.

DO you want to take a look at mine.........I'm in West Jordan

MVC-003F.JPG

I used a stock replacement bushing that I got at Rocklogic4x4 3250ish South and 11th East and a stock rubber bushing with my heims.........

Oh, yeah, nice avatar.......looks exactly like my Jeep 2 years ago with Swamps in the hot tubs.....

Thanx Mark, Yes thats what I am looking for. How difficult was it to move your LCA mounts up? Or did you have shop do it, and did it make any differnce in ride quality? Aren't you on the SLC Jeep List as well? I am I just never post anything. I have been to several of the UT4WD outings and wil be competing in the Utah Trophy Challenge. Mabey you have seen me around I have a red 97 with way too much lift, Trail Ready bumpers and a snorkle.

Big Bear said:
Thanx Mark, Yes thats what I am looking for. How difficult was it to move your LCA mounts up? Or did you have shop do it, and did it make any differnce in ride quality? Aren't you on the SLC Jeep List as well? I am I just never post anything. I have been to several of the UT4WD outings and wil be competing in the Utah Trophy Challenge. Mabey you have seen me around I have a red 97 with way too much lift, Trail Ready bumpers and a snorkle.

I'm on the SLC Jeep list..........let's see very tall '97ish, trail ready's and a snorkle........hmmmmm.....never seen that combination before. :D .....I might have seen you, but the lifted XJ's around here are multiplying like rabbits.....(most common seems to be black ones followed by red).

LCA mounts and control arms---Not too difficult at all, but I'd change the angle I mounted them at. I didn't have a shop do it, but I did consult with a few people I respect for about 6 months prior to doing it (some are shop owners, some UROC competitors, some just daily driver type of guys like me). I'm fairly impressed with the ride characteristics (with the exception of the dive on braking--not bad, just more than I expected) and it is a pretty significant change from before.

A friend of mine was one of the 'first' long-armed XJ's and we always talk about different mods and such. I'd say it rivals his ride, but I think his will 'flex' more due to the longer arc. I do have plenty of flex, however and will put a limiting strap on the axle to be able to climb things.

Carl and Von at Rocklogic4x4 were in on the final design and we're possibly working on some things for the XJ platform. They'd be glad to help you out and do EXCELLENT work (as do other shops in the area).

Sounds great, do you know if the LCA end's you bought are availible in left and right hand thread, I need both. And I know what you mean about built Cherokees popping up all over the state. I think we can thank 4 Wheel Parts for that,. They started the whole no payments no intrest till next year thing.

I know they are available, but I think you'll need to have them special ordered. I just ordered 'normal' threads. After you set the arms up, it's not a biggie.

Check with Carl and Von at Rocklogic. I know they have a way to get them, but I didn't think it was worth the pricing.

Back