• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goodyear Wranler M/t vs BF Goodrich M/t

BigReady

NAXJA Forum User
I keep hearing gooyear is great offroad but how long do they last onroad?

Is it worth the extra $$?

How does BF M/t do off road and how long do they last onroad?

I plan on 31-10.50 to go with my RE4.5 lift.

BigReady said:
I keep hearing gooyear is great offroad but how long do they last onroad?

Is it worth the extra $$?

How does BF M/t do off road and how long do they last onroad?

I plan on 31-10.50 to go with my RE4.5 lift.

::shakes head::

What kind of offroading? rocks or sand or mud? Your profile says florida, so while an MTR is popular for the rocks, you might want to consider tires like swampers and such for your terrain.

I put sticks through the sidewalls of 3 different BFG MT's. Never popped an MTR or Thornbird. My Thornbirds worked great in the mud and deep snow. A little hard to keep balanced and a little noisy though. Currently running MTR's but they haven't seen any mud yet, just dirt, rocks, and pavement.

I know it isn't on your list, but a good and cheap compromise is the Maxxis Buckshot Radial Mudder. It's slightly more aggressive than the BFG, rides good, and is as durable as all-get-out. Wears good too. I got my 4 for just over $400. It is a little noisier than the BFG and you can feel the lugs hitting the pavement under 5mph, but they work great in TN. mud. Good on rocks too.

Back