• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 3.5 super ride + 32x12.50

gunjankakani

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,

I just ordered RE 3.5 super ride kit, I have Swaybars and shocks, so I'm gonna combine them and get a complete lift. My plan is to run 32x12.50 ATs on this setup...so I was wondering if I can do with just 3.5 or do I need some more like coil spacers in front and sahckles in rear. Or is it possible with fender trimming? What are my options?

gunjankakani said:
Hi,

I just ordered RE 3.5 super ride kit, I have Swaybars and shocks, so I'm gonna combine them and get a complete lift. My plan is to run 32x12.50 ATs on this setup...so I was wondering if I can do with just 3.5 or do I need some more like coil spacers in front and sahckles in rear. Or is it possible with fender trimming? What are my options?

images

Hey, welcome to NAXJA!

My '98 XJs got the RE 3.5" SuperFlex with 31x10.5 BFG MTs. I've trimmed over an inch of fender and they will still rub when I'm flexed out. As said above, if you use longer bumpstops and are very generous with a sawzall 32x12.50s will probably work. Also, keep in mind that you will most likely need a slip yoke eliminator (sye) if you go higher with shackles and spacers but seems like every XJ is different too. HTH

yeah i have the RE 4.5 SF and i rubbed. had to trim .. ended up trimming with tj flares... now i want 33's i coulda fit 33's with the 3.5 lift

I am barely going to trim at 3.5 and 32's. My Jeep is loaded with gear and settled down quite a bit. After the next run after my trimming, I might go spacers and shackles for an extra inch.

Back