• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6" lift and upper control arms

sprinkler1228

NAXJA Forum User
Just finished putting 4.5 springs and a 1.75 spacer in. Added new lower fixed control arms and new fixed upper. My question is the upper were a pia to get in. Do i need to get a longer upper control arm now?

sprinkler1228 said:
Just finished putting 4.5 springs and a 1.75 spacer in. Added new lower fixed control arms and new fixed upper. My question is the upper were a pia to get in. Do i need to get a longer upper control arm now?
depends entirely on your front driveshaft angle...

Well first I would be concerned about your caster and then the driveshaft angle. First get it to the standard 6.5-7 degrees and then if you front driveline vibes are bad. Then try to adjust for driveshaft angle.

Gojeep has some very good instructions. http://go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoAlignment.htm

If you go soley for driveshaft angle, most likely you'll be posting up about that Death Wobble stuff and we have already read too many posts about that. ;)

Back