• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alternator Question

chicken's96xj

NAXJA Forum User
I've been going Wheelin alot lately in my '96 and two weeks ago I was at Paragon in PA, and after going through numerous mud-holes, filled with some pretty deep water i fried my alternator and had to get towed out. Now I know the easiest solution to this would be to not go through such deep mud pits, but I want to know is there something else I can do so I'm not going through alternators all the time. It's not lifted at all yet except 2'' shackels in the rear, and it was a very fun time other than the Alternator problem Thanks in Advance-Danny
IMG_0534.jpg

I can't help you with not frying them, but a FYI - part # 56027913 was used in some dodge trucks and some grands. Can't remember the specs but it puts out way more amps than stock. It has a different wire cap whch you can pop off and change, and a pulley with more groves which you can swap with your stock one.

Back