• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Now I Know

Rocketman

NAXJA Forum User
Now I know why "Rough Country" shocks are named RC's.

"Filling Looseners" would be a better name. I guess you get what you pay for and although they are very functional they sure aren't forgiving.

My rig is my DD (like most here) and I want COMFY perhaps even SOFT on the highway. I don't want the ride to be like a Puerto Rican taxi either. (no offense meant, the wildest ride in my life was in a PR taxi to the airport in San Juan to make a flight) On the tollway, if I run over some coins, my kids in the back seat can tell you how much it was!

Did the search, know the brands, OME, Biltstein, Edelbrock, Rancho. Cost isn't the issue. I know "ride quality" is very subjective but anyone out there with my lift (RE6030) have any suggestions/opinions. I'd prefer LOW maintenance as in forget 9 level adjustables and such.

Hey, I got the Rough Country front end only 6.5" lift and I thought it was the springs that are stiff. But if you have a RE kit with RC shocks and its still stiff that makes me want new shocks. And I know what you mean about the change in the road, I think I can feel the difference between a 1 and a 5! I think I will go with the midrange rancho's.

If cost isnt an issue, get the rancho RS9000X with the in cab control so that you can control the setting of the shocks easily from inside the cap. Personally Id love to have a set , I just cant afford them. I have 2 friends that have the RS9000X and the in cab control , 1 is a Spring over CJ-5 and the other is a xj with 5inchs and 32"s , they are both the most comfortable vehicles I think I have ever been in. If you wanna get fancy you can go 1 step further and get the RS9000X with remote resevior. I definetly recommend you do the RS9000X with in cab control though its just so easy and sooooo soft.

Back