• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

replacing 55w bulbs with 100w

dakotus

NAXJA Forum User
Would replacing 55w bulbs in a set of IPF 968s with 100w bulbs make a huge difference? Im trying to search for some H3, 100w bulbs on ebay, and Im only coming up with ricer stuff. Anyone running 100w bulbs out there?

dakotus said:
Would replacing 55w bulbs in a set of IPF 968s with 100w bulbs make a huge difference? Im trying to search for some H3, 100w bulbs on ebay, and Im only coming up with ricer stuff. Anyone running 100w bulbs out there?
Depends on the bulb.
I replaces the 55Ws in my Hella 500s with cheap ebay bought ricer 100Ws and it didn't seem to help at all. I'll be replacing them with good Hella 100Watters soon.

I have a set of XD5 H3 100W sold by Global Premier (Ebay) but on my Hella 550's you will need to open up the hole for the bulb - Hella stamped use 55w only.

Make sure you add a relayed harness for those 100w lamps. Stock wiring won't hold up for long. This will frequently help stock lamps by delivering full voltage and a good ground

i put 100 W in my hella 500s. i just bought the bulbs at kragen (sp). you have to cut a little tab off the 100W bulbs but they made a huge difference.

Back