• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Teraflex Revolver shackle question

ANDYDILL

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so im getting ready to put on my 3.5 Rubi kit (add-a-leaf), and i have a set of teraflex shackles also, would it be alright to run these things without a SYE? or would it lift the rear to high?

Yeah they will work but you will need to shim the rear axle to get it sitting right. You may also need a spacer on the front springs to level you back out.

Ray

ANDYDILL said:
1999 classic

Well all jeeps are different, but on a 99 with aprox~4.5" lift in the back you are going to need a SYE. Best thing I can say to do is put the lift on drive it and check vibes. If vibes are ok or non-existant, put the shackle on. Worst case you have to take it back off again, but I am thinking you are gonna get vibes.

i could not wait to junk my revolvers!! for lift, it's 3/8 inch, spend your money on the SYE.

Lawn Cher' said:

x3

I had them and ran them for acouple months. Didn't like them. Didn't add that much flex because the leaf springs couldn't "twist" and then they had a nasty tendancy to unload when I powered up steep rock inclines.

casa2010 said:
x3

I had them and ran them for acouple months. Didn't like them. Didn't add that much flex because the leaf springs couldn't "twist" and then they had a nasty tendancy to unload when I powered up steep rock inclines.

X4

So just curious has anyone tried running a johnny joint in the front spring eye? like the orbit eyes from AllPro

Dingo

jeepguy97 said:
Well all jeeps are different, but on a 99 with aprox~4.5" lift in the back you are going to need a SYE. Best thing I can say to do is put the lift on drive it and check vibes. If vibes are ok or non-existant, put the shackle on. Worst case you have to take it back off again, but I am thinking you are gonna get vibes.

ran mine @ 5.5" lift over a year w/ a 1" t-case drop & the rear shimmed 4degress,
w/ a stock drive shaft & wheeled the p!ss out of it, with not a problem, & very little vibes
but right each jeep is a lil different..

an extra $0.02 :)

I had bad Vibes with just the RE3.5" lift alone. (2000 xj) Had to do the SYE and DS. It's been 6 months and the rear is still slightly higher then the front without any added shackle lift. I do have the full leaf packs though, not add-a-leafs.

dphillips said:
I had bad Vibes with just the RE3.5" lift alone. (2000 xj) Had to do the SYE and DS. It's been 6 months and the rear is still slightly higher then the front without any added shackle lift. I do have the full leaf packs though, not add-a-leafs.

Had the same kit and added a T-case drop (yeah I know just a band-aid fix) and most of the vibes went away. Got the Revolvers and add that in no vibes at all. Ran that way for 2 years before I swapped out the 8.25 to a 44 and have had vibes ever since. I just can not seem to shake them. Got under neath and measured angles and found out I needed a 2 or 3* shim and I will be fine but I love the revolvers on the trails here and do not plan on getting rid of them anytime soon. But this is all on a 97 2 dr XJ so, like it was stated it all depends on the vehicle.

Ray

i have a 6.5 inch bds long arm and revolver shackles on my 96 xj and still run w/o SYE...only time i get any vibration is cruisin on the highway at 70mph :)

I think someone working for Teraflex is trying to get some revolver interest gathered up. lol

Back