• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wich Tires

What mud tires for a DD?

• M/T Radial Claws

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • BFG M/T

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • Super Swamper Truxus M/T

Votes: 29 34.5%

• Total voters

ROBZ95Xj

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for tires for my Jeep and have narrowed it down to these three. My wheelin' consist of mostly mud and very little rock so I need a tire that excells in mud but has decent street manners seeming this is my dd that gets 12,000 miles in a year. The size will be 31x10.50-15 and will be mounted on 15x8 Cragar soft 8's with 4.5" backspacing. So help me out wich ones should I choose?

what the eff are these?
M/T Radial Claws

i voted for them - because i didnt know what they were....

XJ_ranger said:
what the eff are these?
M/T Radial Claws

i voted for them - because i didnt know what they were....
Mickey Thompson Radial Claws

Rev Den said:
Keene NH.....HEY...I have a niece in Fitzwillam, she used to live in Keene.

Rev
Geez this world is getting smaller
and yes I'm from Keene home of the pumpkin festival

Does anyone know wich one has thicker sidewalls, the TruxusM/T or the BFG M/T?

I had the BFG's on a pickup once. I liked them, but had to sipe the center lugs for better traction on wet pavement.

I would recomend the BFG MT's. I have seen them in action in the mud and another truck with the same setup with the Truxus MT's and the BFG's did alot better in the mud and hillclimbs than the Truxus tire. They last longer on the road also.

Kim.

I have not voted yet. I have BFG M/T's. Great tire. Looks aggressive. Get's looks. Gives me the performance off road I have needed.

Hans, President of the NW chapter, has the Truxus M/T's. They have performed great in snow. I have heard no complaints. Originally I could find them cheaper and was goint to get them.

My answer? I will Vote BFG, but honestly? The cheapest of the two. My BFG's were purchased somewhat locally for a price I could not refuse.

Jason

Back