• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6in. springs or 4.5+1.5 shackles?

AZ DESERT RAT

NAXJA Forum User
Was just trying to figure out which would be better? I'm trying to get the back to match my 6in. front springs...but with the limited amount of companys offering 6in. packs I was wondering if I should consider 4.5 packs with 1.5in. shackles? I was leaning towards BOR 6in. leaves but they say to run them with a 1in. shackle....giving a total of 7in. fully loaded or 8.5in unloaded. Any ideas? Rustys is fairly cheap but have heard stories of early spring fatigue? All suggestions welcome!!!

4.5" springs and 1.5" shackles. it will flex better and ride better for 2 reasons. the pack has less arch than the 6" so it will be a little softer, and the longer shackle will allow more movement as well.

I ran Rusty's for a couple of years and then when they sagged replaced them with BOR. I don't know if Rusty is using anybodyelse for his springs or not now. I then went with the BOR 4.5" springs with a boomerang shackle. You need the boomerang for all the springs as when the spring compresses it hits the body in the rear. Eventually I went up higher and used the BOR 6" spring again with the boomerang. It flexed even better than the 4.5" pack. I'm REAL pleased with it.

Danno said:
I ran Rusty's for a couple of years and then when they sagged replaced them with BOR. I don't know if Rusty is using anybodyelse for his springs or not now. I then went with the BOR 4.5" springs with a boomerang shackle. You need the boomerang for all the springs as when the spring compresses it hits the body in the rear. Eventually I went up higher and used the BOR 6" spring again with the boomerang. It flexed even better than the 4.5" pack. I'm REAL pleased with it.

How much total lift did you get in the rear with the boomerangs and the 6 in. packs?

Back