• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sorry another backspacing ???..

darkmann

NAXJA Forum User
OK so heres my problem,I have a 97 with 3.5" and 31x10.50's. It still has stock flares and stock wheels. I am looking for some black steels to replace the alloys. So far I like the cragar d-windows but they seem to only come in 4in backspacing. I want a 15x8, but am unsure if 4in BS wold stick out to far past the fenders to stay legal. I would think 4.75 or 4.5 would be perfect but cannot find them. So will 4in Bs work? If not are there any other steels that are similar? What Bs would you reccomend? Any pics of your rig with 4in would be helpful. Again sorry for the dumb question but I searched and am still confused.thanks

This is when I was at 4 " of lift and running 31x10.50s on 15x8 Cragar d-windows with 4 inches of BS. They stuffed nicely into the wheelwells with minor fender trimming and extended bumpstops. On level ground, the tires stick out to the outer edge of the flares. So you'll be fine.

doran17.jpg

Last edited:
Cragar shows a series 397 (soft 8) 15x8 wheel with 4.75" B.S. item #3975813. Call your local Cragar Dealer and see if they are available. I found this at www.cragarwheel.com under the details for the 397. let us know how it turns out.

- Nate.

Back