• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Champions

matthew

NAXJA Forum User
Can you still get Champion Premium Gold sparkplugs? The only plugs I can get locally are regular and platinum plugs. Which is better?

Nix on platinum

The platinums seem to be a waste of money. I ran them for awhile and saw no change in power or economy. I also felt they were causing it to miss at low rpms. I also ran them for six months in my van and they caused some ignition glitches. After I took them out the engine codes went away. Coincidence, don't think so. I just go with OEMs. Never had a problem with them.

Don't waste your money!!

Just use the stockers. Is always best to use whatever the vehicle came with. Various platinum plugs have caused serious 'misfire' engine troulble codes on a variety of vehicles. Just use cost effective standards and replace them every 25k miles...simple as that.

Most Mec's I have talked too say the best plugs to use, AUTOLIGHTS. There cheap, I change mine for a whole 8 dollars every 15 to 20K(I know its over kill), but we work our motors a little harder the most cars. If you have upgraded ignitions system, they tell you not to use the Platinum’s, that they can cause the system to burn out.

Autolites are basically nasty-

In my experience cut-rate shops tend to use Autolites in everything because they are cheap...the cheapest out there. I would only use them in a ford procuct if that is what came in it. I think every vehicle i have worked on from West Va came with dang Autolites in it. I think that is all they sell there!! Whew. -Just my opinion from years experience.

Back