• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Custom Down Pipe

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
Okay kids, here's what I'm looking for (or looking to get made if one doesn't already exist).

I want a down pipe (the pipe from the manifold to the cat) that is bent a little tighter into the engine, that way my front driveshaft won't crush it (my current one is probably about 50% crushed). It would needto mate to the OEM manifold. Don't even think of trying to talk me into getting a header and all that jazz, I can't afford it.

Does anybody make these? If not has anybody bent one up? I'm unsure of how much room I have to work with in there, I seem to remember enough clearance but I'm too lazy right now to go downstairs to the garage - plus I'm in nice corporate boy clothes!

Thanks,
Sequoia

PS - I suck at searching ;)

URF Racing...
picture.JPG

...bolt-in and 50 state legal. ;)

Use a manifold & cross pipe off a TJ. They snake around the front of the oil pan. You can probably find one from a TJ guy who went with an aftermarket header. I ended up having to cut & turn a stock manifold & come around the front of the oil pan to clear the new front end I put under the CAT

Matt

Jes said:
URF Racing...
...bolt-in and 50 state legal. ;)

I was about to ask "how much shipped to 90071" but then I realized that my imagination isn't that good...damn!

FarmerMatt said:
Use a manifold & cross pipe off a TJ.

Do you know if the back end of that will bolt up to the stock cat location, or would I need to do other stuff as well (Not that opposed to it - just want to be ready for whatever I need to do).

Sequoia

Matt could you post a coupls of pics of that.

Sequioa try a local muffler shop and see if they can do a custom tube for you.

karstic said:
Sequioa try a local muffler shop and see if they can do a custom tube for you.
that's what i would do too, just about any good shop can make you one pretty cheap

im gona be doing that myself soon....
they said $50-$55
so thats a guesstimate of how much it'd cost u

I had a local exhaust shop bend me a new 2.5" down pipe when I put the stroker motor in. I think it cost me $50.

AARON

The exhaust shop I used is in Fort Mill. It was on the way to the machine shop that did the machine work on my motor. I think it was RPM motorsports? I can give you directions if you want.

AARON

jeepbme said:
hey aron...which shop did you use. Was it in charlotte?
i know there is a good shop here in fayetteville if your ever down here

Back