• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

arb bumper

RobCherokeeXJ89

NAXJA Forum User
went wheeling the other day and hit a ledge pretty hard and hit my bumper, it bent up pretty bad (but at least i got some better ground clearance :) , it looks like i could just install new brackets and it would be fine again. Anyone ever had the same problem...

I'll never buy an ARB bumper again... not strong enough in my opinion.

any ideas on how to reinforce it to make it stronger?

same reason i ditched my arb for a Rigidco bumper. very strong mount. you could ask Terry to modify his bumper mounting system for the arb. i considered this but went with his bumper instead.

Okay thanks, I'll prob end up doing that or making my own in the future when i have some more $$$$.

For anyone that was thinking about getting an ARB. DON'T EVER BUY ONE!
Make your own, or research on getting a good product
Here are a few reasons why not to buy an arb bumper :)...

1. Too Expensive
2. I think my approach angle got worse...
3. The brackets to the chassis are weak
4. Its too expensive
5. its a waste of money
6. weighs too much
oh and its too expensive

I think the reason you were able to bend it is because the arb is designed to allow your airbag to work properly. It has to deform like a stock bumper to make this work. I have seen so many bent arb bumpers. This is not a defect, just what they were designed to do. I know it sounds stupid to have an offroad bumper that is designed to bend in a wreck, but most people out there want there air bag to work and are willing to give up strength in the front bumper to acomplish this.

Back