• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wrecked my jeep

robertj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok But I just got all my parts and me and my stepdad are going to put it back together hopefully sometime soon. All that happened was that I got my bumper knocked off and the fender dented up. So we basically got a whole new grill and fender. Anyways my question is about the paint. Its a 92 Laredo, and the only thing that needs painting is the grill and fender, but there's also a scratch on the hood, and some other scratches I might touch up. But is it going to be noticable that there is newer paint on it?? Thats my main concern. I also need to go back and paint the fender trim again b/c the clear coat is starting to come off. Also while Im at it, how difficult would it be to remove the pin striping w/o damaging existing paint??

Oh and another thing, where there were once black parts, well I assume they were black, like the bottom of the auto antenna are now a faded grey, how do I restore this, oh and how to polish up the chrom on my side rear view mirrors and a round the windows.

Haha, sorry so many questions all at once, but thanx for any help.

Your local auto piant store should have a pinstripe remover (little rubber wheel goes on a die grinder). Yes you will be able to tell the new paint from the old. There is a product called black again that will restore the black stuff.

thanx for the reply, although im not to crazy about having 2 tones of the same red. I might just leave it ghetto and not get it painted until im ready to repaint it all.

Just wondering was that stuff originally black? Its been grey ever since Ive had it.

Yes, that stuff was black, but they all fade.

If you take a piece of your old fender to a good auto paint store, they can mix paint for you and adjust the formula to make it closer to what's now on the rest of the vehicle. They can also package their real auto paint in spray cans for you. I used three cans to do two replacement front fenders, inside and out, when I replaced the fenders on my MJ.

Back