• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Well FINALLY!

theschwarz1

NAXJA Forum User
I installed my lift and found that I needed to order a t-case drop, I finally got that installed over the weekend. The passenger side stud was a real bear! I couldn'tm double nut it so I used vice grips as Autozone had no stud removers.....the vice grips eventually lost the teath from trying to loosen the stud. THe stud was grinded down to a shiny smooth cylinder from the vice grips. I thought I would never get it out. I would clamp down as hard as I could and just slowly twist it back and forth , adding PB now and then, after a few hours it came loose , then everything went well.
NOW I CAN FINALLY DRIVE MY JEEP AROUND!!!
I have to say, that it all feels smooth! I am happy with Rusty's.
One thnig though that bothered me, in the picture for ordering the t-case drop kit, it showed that the spacers had "Rusty's" stamped into them. WHen I got them they didn't have it...sorta bummed. I thought it looked pretty neat with their name in the spacers.

He HE...I'm not really into names stamped in the metal...I turned mine to the inside so the writing did not show.

But I do like the lift so far. It turned my jeep into a whole new machine.

Back