• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Post-Lift Driveline

cshontz

NAXJA Forum User
Just lifted my auto 96 XJ 3" from stock on Saturday. When I go from drive to coast (take foot off gas at speed), there is a weird, sloppy grinding sensation ... I can feel it in my seat, so I think its coming from the rear driveline. Otherwise, vibes when under load aren't really that bad.

Anyone else experience this?

Do you think its just a worn u-joint just making itself known after the lift?

Last edited:
cshontz said:
Just lifted my auto 96 XJ 3" from stock on Saturday. When I go from drive to coast (take foot off gas at speed), there is a weird, sloppy grinding sensation ... I can feel it in my seat, so I think its coming from the rear driveline. Otherwise, vibes when under load aren't really that bad.

Anyone else experience this?

Do you think its just a worn u-joint just making itself known after the lift?

1-
this is a worn u-joint
2-
this is your NEW STYLE transfer case telling you to get a new output - easier for you to do because you dont have the needle bearings inside the sprocket...

Get an SYE and some type or a new driveshaft and dont look back!
-Ranger

lol... hehehehe.. 99% of people who lift xjs experience that:p make sure when you get an sye you do the shims!!!! otherwise it will be pointless...

Back