• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

suggestion on what to do next

afjeep2082

NAXJA Forum User
Ok well I'm not sure what I wan to do next here, my jeep is mostly a DD but I do wheel it time to time. Here are my specs, I'll take suggestions on what I should do next

1993 4.0 auto.
RE 4 1/2 lift
32X11:50 BFG MT's
Olympic "top hat" roof rack
cb radio
K&N fipk
JCRoffroad front bumper
rear hitch
sound system

sooo yeah, that's the gist of itlet me know if you have anyother suggestion towhat I should do next....or just leave it?

without really knowing what kind of wheeling you do, makes it a little hard to answer that question. however, I didn't notice anything in the list that pertained to drivetrain --- you might start looking at that area.

add a throttle body spacer and throw an 8.8 in the rear...

re-gear both axles to 3.07 and drive!

Skid plates

Rock rails

id say a mild 3inch lift. and some 31s.. then do everything you can.. front bumper.. rock rails, some skids, even some lockers..
then when the $ allows. go up some more. at 3inch lift you wil be ok with just doing a transfer case drop. but after that you will need SYE and longer driveshaft.. so that 600bucks you just saved by staying at 3inch and throwing some lockers in it. you would be more cabable anyway.

good luck

Silverstreak01 said:
id say a mild 3inch lift. and some 31s.. then do everything you can.. front bumper.. rock rails, some skids, even some lockers..
then when the $ allows. go up some more. at 3inch lift you wil be ok with just doing a transfer case drop. but after that you will need SYE and longer driveshaft.. so that 600bucks you just saved by staying at 3inch and throwing some lockers in it. you would be more cabable anyway.

good luck

He's already got an RE 4 1/2 & 32's...:rolleyes:

rock rash said:
SYE. What everyone else said...except rangers 3.07 gears:gag: and wheel the hell out of it!

I have no need for a SYE since I will not be going any higher and I have no vibes.....yes 3.07 isn't the way I was thinking with gears either, more like 4.11

ARMOR
Gas tank skid(got a softball-sized dent in mine on my very first wheeling trip)
Transfer case skid (Do you really want to spend a grand to replace it?)
Rock Rails
Rear quarter guards
+ any other protection to keep your rig lookin purdy if it's a DD!

well ok I figured it out, thanks for the help guys but I just installed my bran-spaken new FIRE EXTINGUISHER! haha, j/k, well I did, but I think I'm going with the under body protection.

Back