• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

35x12.5 SSR on 4.5" of backspacing?

korda

NAXJA Forum User
I know it's a lame question but I want to get this sorted out so I can order rims if I have to. I didn't find the answer by searching.

I am going to be running 35x12.5x15 SSRs on a 15x8 rim with 4.5" of backspacing. This will be done on 6" of lift with a serious amount trimming and TJ flares (TJ flares already done).

While it might not be ideal I would like to use these rims for a while if it's possible. Can anybody tell me if the backspacing will be alright? I don't care if the tires get into the flares flexing, I just don't want to be rubbing control arms/springs while driving to work.

My other option would be to get some 3.75" backspaced rims but it would be good if I could wait on that. Thanks for the help.

4.5" backspacing is the best fit you can get for a 12.5 tire. It they rub on the LCA then just adjust the steering stops out a little. 3.75" b.s. would not allow you to stuff the tire completely.

4.5" is better for stuffing, worse for rubbing LCAs. It was hard to tell but it sounds like you already have 4.5" bs wheels? If so then keep them.

If you're ordering new wheels, and already planing on trimming the hell out of you're fenders, get the 3.75-4" bs. Stuffing won't be a problem with the TJ flares and you'll have more clearance from the LCA. I already rub my left LCA w/ 4" bs and 33s. Just barely though.

I rub my control arms even with 35x12.5 BFGs on 3.75 BS, I couldnt imagine anything less. I also have tj flares and an 8" so rubbing is not an issue, I also like the wider look!

Last edited:
I have been running 3.75" BS on 33x12.5 and love it. I actaully ordered 4.75 when I bought the tire wheel combo, and I never knew they were actually 3.75" BS until a few weeks ago, I've had them for almost 2 years now. I love the 3.75" BS, I'm very glad they messed up my order.

I already have the 4.5" backspaced rims. Thanks for the input, at least now I know I'll be able to get around with them. I was worried I wouldn't even be able to drive. Sounds like the next purchase might be rims with less backspacing.

Back