• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gears for 35's

JEEPSPEEDRCR

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 01 XJ and just installed a full-traction long-arm and 35in MTR'S. What gears should i run? It will mostly be a daily driver with weekend desert trips.
-gatlan

IMO at least 4.88's, I run them and wish I could go a bit deeper. 4.56's work for some people but I dont think I would like it much. Depends on what axles you have and how much you want to spend.

my friend runs 35s with 4.56s. Its about stock he says. But if it werent for a nation wide shortage of 4.88s for the 8.8 he would have gone with 4.88s. Point is, go with 4.88s, you'll be happier and so will your 4.0

I think so. The 4.0 has a high rpm horsepower and torque peak so the 4.88s would prolly be better in that aspect. Theres nothing wrong with running the 4.0 at high rpms for a while. i would go with 4.88s. You'll be happy.

Im running 35's and 4.56gears and the speedo is almost dead on. I checked it with a GPS. They seem to be OK for wheel'n but if I was to do it agian I would probably lean toward 4.88's.

3.07's - accept no substitute...

in all seriusness - dont limit yourself to 4.88 to keep the d30 - look for sometin bigger...

Back