• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

light treatment for black XJ

narrjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, flame if you must for asking a style question, just know I do strongly believe in form following function. All mods on my rig serve a functional purpose, but now I'm considering something cosmetic...

Ok my XJ is all black - I mean ALL BLACK besides the jeep logo and head and tail lights. I have a full brush guard and tail light guards, but the non blackness of the lights is bugging me. Question: smoked light covers under the guards - gay or not gay? (for a stealth black rig only)

Well for the BEST looks, sell those lights and get Hella Black magics, they appear all black when off but still have the great reliability of hellas, i dont think they are to much either.
Ryan

narrjeep said:
Question: smoked light covers under the guards - gay or not gay? (for a stealth black rig only)

i dono - that is a matter of personal opinion

if you are building your jeep to be cool for everyone else you are a litttle wussy ass bioch anyway and dont deserve the jeep logo...

go buy an isusu!

If the form is to follow the function, you need to paint the body a different color. As a body color, black is not a very functional color unless you don't want anyone to see you in the dark or you want to optomize solar gain.

Dimming your light output is most definitely "gay" (as you call it).

I don't care what the product claims, black tint/covers WILL reduce the light output.

I must agree that based on logic and function, black is the worst possible color. It does look nice when it's clean though :) but this is a Jeep right? I personally don't like light covers, especially on a Jeep. Probably a waste of time to do anything. Sometimes less is more.

yes light covers are most definately "gay". you'd be better off spending the $50 on some cheap fog lights from walmart or somethin if youre looking to waste money

The Blu Yak said:
Well for the BEST looks, sell those lights and get Hella Black magics, they appear all black when off but still have the great reliability of hellas, i dont think they are to much either.
Ryan

I've got the black magics....they are pretty nice. I wouldnt say they are cheap though...well 200 bucks isnt bad I suppose.

headlight and taillight tinted covers are illegal in some states.

motorcityxj said:
so gay you are under suspicion just for asking. Yes they are that gay !! :twak:

not all of us are as cool as you!

some of us dont need to question the sexuality of others...

GAY BOI!!! !!! !!! !!!

"flame if you must" HAHAHA

do you drive at night with sunglasses on? If not, then don't get em for your headlights either.

If you do drive at night with your sunglasses on, please stay away from Indiana.

super gay. i suggest you drive through the thick batch of shrubs immediatley. let the tree branches scratch up your paint and relieve your total gayness. DIRT

All "Flaming" (how appropriate) aside There was a company offering headlights that had a colored insert in the lense that made them appear black when they were off. Similar to the Hella Black Magics. IIRC they were DOT approved, i'm not sure there still available though. As far as the Tailights and side marker lenses there was once a product that you sprayed on the lenses that tinted them, ive seen several vehicles in town with that done and it does not noticably decrease light output. ALOT better than most of those damn cheezy altezza style lights.

Dingo

Jes said:
Subscribing to thread.

WHY?

what a waste of time - this entire thread is...

i cant believe you fawkers got me to read the whole thing 3 times through...

F.Y.I.
Under "Thread tools" there is a way to subscribe to a thread, without having to post, and without having to take any flack from XJ Ranger. :gag:

B.T.W. I'm against covering the headlights, now lights that blackout when not in use would be cool on an all black XJ. But what little bit of shinny paint is left on mine is red, so I'm not going to spend the money.

Daryl

Jes said:
Subscribing to thread.

aparently im subscribed to any thread i reply to, whether or not xj_ranger gives flack :laugh2:

i dont know what else to say cause im drunk so here's a bunny :bunny:

yeah its still around, i work at an autoparts store and we sell some called cool shades... when you buy it dont be surprised if they snicker at you... headlight tint is about as ghey as it gets

Back