• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 232 t-case at pick a part?

xDUMPTRUCKx

NAXJA Forum User
while under an 84 xk lookin to score a set of bilstiens i saw on this piece, i noticed hey theres a slip joint in the rear shaft of this thing, meaning slip yoke elimintor, and i saw the fixed yoke then look at the t-case and noticed the tag said 232? could my eyes decive me? im sure it said 232 and not 242, and the only thing i noticed was a empty space on the cone or whatever of the SYE.
1, should i pick this thing up to replace my np207 and have fixed yoke?
2. what is that hole? should it be there?

i almost took pix with my cell phone, and now i kick myself, what do you guys think? its $99 for the tcase and an extra $25 for the drive shaft worth it?

84xk, and NP232 sounds scary....but go ahead. Worst thing that can happen is you sell it to someone else...

:dunno:

Last edited:
sorry about that typo, XJ 232, ya isnt there a jaguar xk, thatd be wierd. anyways ya an 84 xj with a 232? not 242 and a ske kit

someone has adapted something...an 84 cherokee should have had either an NP 207, or a NP 229.

Not sure of the application for a NP232.

ya mabey a stamping mistake, all i know, is that it was stamped 232, and it was HUGE in comparison to say a 231 or 242 and was fixed yoke.

worthless.gif

It's probably a 228/229, which is what was used in the early XJs as Selec-Trac. It has a differential or a viscous coupling to allow full-time 4WD in high range, but it also does NOT have a fully-locked 4WD in high range. Only low range is locked. Also, the low range ratio is 2.6:1, which is not as good as the 2.72:1 found in the 231s and 242s.

I suggest forgetting you ever saw it.

Back