• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grille and headlights from various years?

WrenchMonkey

NAXJA Member #771
NAXJA Member
I'd like to update the "face" of my '89 Sport with new pieces.

Obviously the 97+ are completely different, but I'm asking about the earlier years...

I've found a grille, all black, for an 84-90, but can't find the early bezels in black.

I've also got a line on a complete set for a 91-96, all black. Will these fit mine? Or maybe the early grille with the later bezels?

I guess what I'm asking is: What changed in 91? Did the surround change on the Jeep itself? Or just the plastic bolt-ons?

Sorry for rambling... It's late...

Thanks!

84-87 had a 10-slot grille. '88-'96 had an 8-slot grille, in black, "argent" (dull silver/grey), or chrome.

Through '90 the trim molding across the front edge of the hood, above the grille and headlights, was a separate trim strip. In '91 the design changed. It looks the same from a distance, but the upper trim molding is incorporated into the grille and headlight bezels. I believe the header panel itself changed along with this, but I'm not certain of that. Check the Quadratec web site or catalog -- they sell all this stuff. They should be able to sell you early headlight doors in black -- my '88 Comanche came that way.

Thanks, Eagle... You are the man...

I did try Quadratec, they've got the early ones in grey or chrome, the later ones in black or chrome.

I'll keep hunting, I just wanted to verify that I really do need the ones I can't find...

Thanks again!

Buy the grey ones and shoot 'em with RustOleum satin black paint.

Back