• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing all four doors: map light

JohnJohn

Member #42
Which fuse on 97+ XJs controls the overhead/cargo lights? I am pulling all four doors tonight and tomorrow. I eventually will run a toggle switch to control them, but until then can I just pull the fuse? Does the fuse control anything else?

Thanks for the help, I don't have a Owners Manual.

1 25 AMP/Natural Power outlet
2 25 AMP/Natural Cigarette Lighter
3 10 AMP/Red Left Headlight High Beam
4 10 AMP/Red Left Headlight Low Beam
5 10 AMP/Red Right Headlight Low Beam
6 5 AMP/Tan Instrument Panel Dimmer
7 10 AMP/Red Left Parking Lights
8 OPEN
9 10 AMP/Red Headlight Delay, Cluster
10 15 AMP/Lt Blue Backup Lamps
11 20AMP/Yellow Run/Start Ignition
12 10 AMP/Red Turn Signal
13 OPEN
14 10 AMP/Red Heated Mirrors
15 25 AMP/Natural Power Door Locks
16 10 AMP/Red Right Headlight High Beam
17 15 AMP/Lt Blue Radio
18 10 AMP/Red Power Windows, Rear Window Defroster
19 10 AMP/Red Starter Relay
20 15 AMP/Lt Blue Trailer Tow Package
21 15 AMP/Lt Blue Horn Relay
22 20AMP/Yellow Rear Wiper
23 10 AMP/Red Right Parking Lights
24 OPEN
25 15 AMP/Lt Blue ABS, Climate Controls
26 10 AMP/Red Airbag Control Module
27 10 AMP/Red Airbag Control Module

no stuff it between seat and center console, dang things slap ya in the head when ya hang them from the mirror

Its under the hood, 15 amp fuse...had to pull mine when one of my door swithched died and the lights would never go off...

It also controls the instrument panel, so no fuse means no guages.

Fuse.jpg

I looked in my '98 FSM... it too states Fuse 16. Covers overhead lights, front and rear dome light, and vanity lights. Also includes your radio too...

Ivan

Why don't you remove the "buttons" in the door frames? I did this on my front doors & I can still turn on the dome lights with the HL switch. JIM.

ILLXJ said:
Why don't you remove the "buttons" in the door frames? I did this on my front doors & I can still turn on the dome lights with the HL switch. JIM.

John.. this is exactly what I did. super easy to take out and put back in. I use a small zip tie around the rubber sheath to keep it from sliding back into the pillar for the rears.

how did it go?

formatt said:
John.. this is exactly what I did. super easy to take out and put back in. I use a small zip tie around the rubber sheath to keep it from sliding back into the pillar for the rears.

how did it go?

thats what i wound up doing for the fronts...

Back