• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift almost Done... Last question

KingOfTheHill

NAXJA Forum User
my lift is almost complete.. only thing now is the trackbar....

its a procomp 3" lift and came with a trackbar Drop Mount (not the proper word im sure) anyhow... it uses the existing hole for the trackbar, with another hole to the right (where you drill and put another bolt) and about 2" lower and 3" to the right of factory location, the trackbar is supposed to connect there...

well im still about 1-1 1/2" off from the trackbar reaching...

now how can i get around this?

there are no other mods on this xj so i figured this procomp complete lift kit would do it right.... the directions say nothing else than where to mount it..

has anyone else had this problem?

JOe

I haven't dealt with the ProComp trackbar bracket, but with most of the lifts where you end up using stock trackbars you'll have to drill a hole in the stock mount to relocate it.

KingOfTheHill said:
my lift is almost complete.. only thing now is the trackbar....

its a procomp 3" lift and came with a trackbar Drop Mount (not the proper word im sure) anyhow... it uses the existing hole for the trackbar, with another hole to the right (where you drill and put another bolt) and about 2" lower and 3" to the right of factory location, the trackbar is supposed to connect there...

well im still about 1-1 1/2" off from the trackbar reaching...

now how can i get around this?

there are no other mods on this xj so i figured this procomp complete lift kit would do it right.... the directions say nothing else than where to mount it..

has anyone else had this problem?

JOe

well - the track bar relocation brackets carry a bad reputation around these parts - the right way would be to use an Adjustable trackbar with a HD frame mount that replaces the mount on the frame...

that said - most 3" lifts use the stock trackbar axle and frame mount locations, and a 4.5" lift will pull the axle noticeably to the drivers side but *should* work to make it driveable...

KingOfTheHill said:
if i try and put it in its stock location, how am i gonna move the axle over that far?

JOe

drop the cherokee onto its wheels and "load" the suspention

the trackbar shouldnt be that farr off at that point...

try pushing?

XJ_ranger said:
drop the cherokee onto its wheels and "load" the suspention

the trackbar shouldnt be that farr off at that point...

try pushing?

What Ranger said.......If more is needed turn on the steering wheel.

try turning the wheels.
jack up the passenger side of the front axle up.
get a come along and pull the axle to the drivers side.
enjoy the bumpsteer, lack of flex, constant loosening you'll get with that bracket.

fordtech said:
enjoy the bumpsteer, lack of flex, constant loosening you'll get with that bracket.

kind of an ass hat comment - i LIKE IT!

Back