• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help me make my purchase

BattyBlueXJ

NAXJA Member #1270
Ok guys big decision here!! Im looking at this jeep I really really want to buy I wanted to build one myself but this deal is kinda sweet I think. Heres what it is.

1990 YJ 150000miles
4” rancho lift 2”body

New stuff within this year
5-33x13.50x15 tsl’s super swampers on sweet rims
best top soft top
all new best top seats
9.5 ti warn thermometric winch
front and back warn bumpers
warn swing out spare tire holder
front and back quick lock mechanical lockers
breaks all around
seals for the axles
center force clutch

the engine and transmission have 35000 miles on it looks like it was rarely driven in the woods. I drove the jeep for about 45 mins around town and on the highway and even a little off road. It seems great to me mechanically. The body has no rust and a new paint job( garaged winters) some little scratches and a dent in the front fender. No rust on the floors or any ware!!! The only problem is that when it has less than a quarter of a tank when you turn left around a long left turn the truck stalls like It runs out of gas but starts right back up. Any ideas would be great on that one. Idk guys I think im going to pick it up this week for only $4500. what do you all think please help me out!!!

BattyBlueXJ said:

try again bud - naXJa...

also - IMHO jeeps are built not bought...

4500 is worth the parts, and most YJ tubs go for about that

4.0L or the 4cyl engine?
transmission?

what axles is he running with the 33's?
gears in them?

a locked d35 with an auto might be ok, but it would make me question how the rest of the rig was built - note the 4" SUA lift and the 2" body...
that means stiffer springs - (compared to a SOA system with stock springs)

how is the lift made? 2" shackles and 2" springs?

did he keep the 260 u-joints in the front with the disco front end? or did he upgrade to the 297 shafts with a non-disco?

is there a SYE and Double Cardan rear driveshaft- or is he "getting by" with a 4" lift drivetrain and a 1" t-case drop to keep his rear yoke from bottoming out?

::shrug::
i would walk away - but then again - i am an XJ owner...

Back