• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

went through some mud, now she dont run

xDUMPTRUCKx

NAXJA Forum User
like i said, i was powerin though some mud in my 86 xj 2.5 4wd 4 speed and when i came out of the mud the was little power and it died once, it started back up roughly and then after running for another 5 minutes never ran again.

the plugs were fouled so i figured eh the ignition module or coil, Nope, so then i tried a new map sensor, nope, checked the TPS, and it seems to run like the timing is off, low and behold the timing is unadjustable.

What should i do know! i leave for boot camp USMC in 2 weeks and i gotta get her running and to my buddys house so she can be stored for the next three months so i can get to work on her when i get back. please help! i searched and came up short, so anything is appreciated! thanks guys, Ben

i was wondering about that, are these common symptoms for the crank postion sensor failed? wheres it located and is it cool if i grap a few from pick a part and try em out or should i buy a fresh one?

not too deep, im pretty sure it didnt suck up any water and its had planty of time to sit and chill.

Back