• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

12v puller fan for OBA?

dandecicco

NAXJA Forum User
I am putting a compressor in the empty compartment in the rear panel of my XJ. I actually cut out all of the plastic and have an empty space that goes through to the rear outside panel. After I hard mount the compressor inside (many have done this), I am going to use a piece of diamond plating as a cover. I am going to drill holes through it for ventilation, but that will not be enough. So I am looking for some type of CHEAP 12v fan to put on the inside to pull air through and help cool the compressor. It probably shouldn’t be larger than 5” X 5”. Does anyone know of a good online place to order something like this?

Thanks.

dandecicco said:
I am putting a compressor in the empty compartment in the rear panel of my XJ. I actually cut out all of the plastic and have an empty space that goes through to the rear outside panel. After I hard mount the compressor inside (many have done this), I am going to use a piece of diamond plating as a cover. I am going to drill holes through it for ventilation, but that will not be enough. So I am looking for some type of CHEAP 12v fan to put on the inside to pull air through and help cool the compressor. It probably shouldn’t be larger than 5” X 5”. Does anyone know of a good online place to order something like this?

Thanks.

why cover it?

Personally, unless you're going to run a small auto shop out of the back of your XJ using that compressor, I wouldn't really worry about it. Can you imagine how hot an ARB compressor must get under the hood without any auxiliary fans cooling it? You should be fine with how you're planning on doing/installing it.

Dan.

Look for computer fans. They are cheap and 12v. You can get them in many sizes and over varying power. This is off the top of my head but the standard sizes are 2x2, 4x4 and 6x6. You can get them out of old computers if you have any lying around or you can buy them from compusa or any computer store.

Katarn

katarn444 said:
Look for computer fans. They are cheap and 12v. You can get them in many sizes and over varying power. This is off the top of my head but the standard sizes are 2x2, 4x4 and 6x6. You can get them out of old computers if you have any lying around or you can buy them from compusa or any computer store.

Katarn

I have two old ones in the attic. Guess that is cheap! Thanks.

I know how hot ARBs get. I just thought that since heat is the killer for compressors, I would try to stave it off a bit.

dandecicco said:

Thanks.
Check with Rat Shaq. They should have a 12v electronics cooling fan avail.

Back