• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody with RE 1463?

Chief93XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Does anybody out there have RE 1463 3.5" Extreme Duty leaf packs? if so , did you run into any problems wit your driveshaft yoke length? i am a little worried now that it might end up being too short of a driveshaft/ a tad too much lift to handle. i have a 93 AW4/231/2 door/ dana 44 and it is sticking out too much(IMO) already with 2" blocks. so who here runs these springs? can somebody give me some comforting words? i really dont have the scratch to buy an SYE kit even hack n tap.-TIA- Aaron

I have those springs on my '93.
When I had a NP231 and 8.25 rear end in it, it was undriveable without a SYE on the 231 and 6 degree axle shims installed. I had terrable grinding/vibes on deceleration.

Jes

Jes said:
I have those springs on my '93.
When I had a NP231 and 8.25 rear end in it, it was undriveable without a SYE on the 231 and 6 degree axle shims installed. I had terrable grinding/vibes on deceleration.

Jes
6 degree huh?
I have a 2 degree on mine, but I'm also running the lift shackle. That adds a few more degrees.
I also have an SYE on mine.

I guess The only way to know is to just go for it and see what happens. I am trying to find a YJ slip yoke but im not sure if i can afford any more jeep parts for a while. Im just hesitant to install the springs because it would suck to do allthat work and find out that my slip yoke isnt long enough and it vibrates. Im woried mostly because i do a lot of turnpike 75 MPH driving like 320 miles every weekend and i dont want the slip yoke to pull out and act like a pogo stick down the highway or ruin my t case seals and bearings from vibes. wellsee what happens-BTW anybody else heard that 5 speed driveshafts are longer that autos? my driveshaft now is at about 31"long.Anybody ahve one theyd be willing to trade for some 87 laredo parts?

Back