• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

diff between RE and Rusty's trackbar

jjchgo

NAXJA Forum User
i'm not looking for which one is better. i'm just interested in what is the difference between RE's and Rusty's non-heavy duty track bar.

thanks in advance.

cheers,

jj

i know a little about each:
RE non-HD trackbar uses a Heim join in a single shear setup
The tube is taped for 1" theads at the end, but has a shim/spacer dealy that screws into the 1" threads and gets the threads down to 3/4" where the Heim attaches.
This requires drilling out your current mount and keeping the bolt tight as hell!

single shear Heim - not the best idea IMHO

The Rusty's used to use the stock TRE that is on all cherokees - same as the RRO bar - but has recently switched to another part (not sure which - its on their site)
The threads at the end are an un-conventional 11/16" and if deciding to upgrade from a lesser version later - makes thins interesting (that is what i am trying to do)

Both have a poly? bushing at the axle mount
Both use the stock frame mount (keeping your geometry the same by not dropping it at all)

yeah - i might think of more later...

aight
good luck

Back