• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

blinker problems

yellowxj

NAXJA Forum User
My wifes right side blinker wont work. Bulbs are all good and the lights wont even come on...left side flashes just fine...any suggestions?

The only right side blinking light that comes on at all is the front one. Just comes on and stays on. The running light in the front works too...neither of the side tall marker lights work but it doesnt seem to bother the left side.

odd.

My front driver's side blinker refuses to blink.

I was wondering if yours and mine were the same issue. Sounds not.

I assume you checked all bulbs, and terminals?

sounds like a bad ground to me

no blinkerfluid ...

i second that blinker fluid motion. common problem amongst jeeps. ahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

its a bad ground depending on what year yours is it could very as to where. take a long peice of wire . pull the light assembely out pull the ground take the long wire and connect it to the ground. then run it to a good ground spot. check it then. if it works then the ground problem is right there. if not . good luck . thats all i have to say. the wiring on these things is a holy mess. and the chilton and haynes manuals are not correct in the diagrams. so if it is a wiring problem try and find a factory wiring diagram

thanks for the help so far everyone...I can only get blinker fluid in a winter formula right now and with summer coming I know I'll have to flush the whole system soon.

I work on the grounds too.

my 94' did the same thing about a month ago. The problem was in the harness under the air box the connector was all corroded and the wire broke right off. I just cut the connector and spliced in new wires then wrapped the new harness in waterproof electrical tape. Now it works great and I shouldnt have anymore problems. Good luck!

Back