• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shock bolts

blackdogxj

NAXJA Forum User
welp, another sad story of trying to change shocks gone wrong, front ones came right off, back ones...broke all 4 top bolts...so my question is how did u get urs out...id rather not have to drill them out, it looks like it would be a SOB to do that

Thanks for any info

Brad

I drilled mine out and then tapped them. It really wasn't that hard but use titanium bits and plan to go through about four of them. Only takes about an hour to drill all 4 if you use titanium, I wouldn't use anything else.
Thats what I did and it worked great.
Collin

the way i did mine was just cut the head off of 4 bolts and just welded them to the spots where the others broke.. been that way for 3 months.. been through some pretty hard wheeling still holding up...

Punch them through with an air hammer. Put new bolts in through the top. Alot easier that drilling or welding. JIM.

second pushing them through with an air hammer. Bolts on the passengers side are pretty easy to get in from the top. It is a little more difficult on the driver's side, but it can be done. I think rocklizard also has a writeup on cutting the floor to get at them from inside the truck.

I just did mine this past weekend. I drilled them, and in all honesty it wasn't that hard. Make sure to punch a small indent into the broken studs so the bit wont wander. Use a lot of wd-40, and for the love of god wear glasses... Me being the idiot that I am did not wear them. Instead I used the length of my arms to keep crap out. Owre me out though. Good luck.

Back