• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

weird shimmy

john290xj

NAXJA Forum User
Alright this is driving me crazy,Put a 3 inch rustys kit on a 2001 and when the thing hits bump at highway speeds the steering wheel shakes sometimes violently,Has a new steering stabilizer everything is tight alignment was done wtf?I had this same kit on my 99 and no issues anyone have any ideas?

welcome to the world of death wobble. search the phrase death wobble and dont forget your reading glasses

Did you have it aligned after installing the lift? If so, what are the settings?

If not ... do so.

I just had the same thing. After the Rusty's 3" it was driving smooth and perfect. I tried to get it up to some speed to see what would happen. I was on a curve and hit a bump and it started shaking like crazy for about 3-4 seconds. Then it smoothed out and didn't do it again. I may try to get a new track bar. I didn't look to see if there were problems wioth the trackbar yet. It seems though that this may be the first thing to consider from reading all the DW posts.

Back