• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

track bar q's

cherowagon

NAXJA Forum User
Do i go with the jks/orgs, or the hd RE and bracket unit?

i called re and they said i also have to run a drop pitman arm, so the total cost would be well over $300 for everything. what do you all think?

by the way: re 3.5" superflex with 2" poly spacers

i think you should just run the stock steering stuff, with an angle-iron renforced tie rod, and a spare set. i've seen people run 33s on this with hardly any trouble. trust me. if you upgrade 1 steering component, you have to upgrade them all. and you will break other steering parts, go through more ball joints, bend your steering box mount, etc. stock stuff is pretty tough for what it is. the tie rod is designed to bend before the track bar, if you bend your stock track bar with less than 35s, it did it's job and gave before something else did. also, if you break the stock stuff, spares and replacements can be found for A LOT cheaper than the aftermarket parts. just my .02

cherowagon said:
i called re and they said i also have to run a drop pitman arm, so the total cost would be well over $300 for everything. what do you all think?
Whaaaat? Drop pitman at 5.5"? That's interesting. The HD Trackbar from RE is a hefty, durable unit and when coupled with the Trackbar brace it's a good way to solidify the front end, too.

Back